What to expect from starting an Australian franchise business with First Class Accounts.
Every year we have hundreds of queries about our franchise and here are some of the most common questions answered.
Our franchisees are motivated people with a positive can-do attitude and eagerness to learn. We provide the rest. First Class Accounts sets up our franchisee with professional training, business, technical and marketing support. Our systems and access to leading accounting software get you going.
You do not need to have any formal qualifications to become a First Class Accounts franchisee. We train all our franchisees to obtain the Certificate IV in Accounting & Bookkeeping and BAS Agent registration.
Some experience in administration and accounts, aptitude for numbers, and computer literacy is naturally advantageous.
The target market for First Class Accounts franchisees is small to medium businesses. Small being defined as 1-15 people and medium as 16-50 employees. Regardless of size First Class Accounts services are invaluable.
They all need to meet their GST and BAS requirements, administer their payroll, manage their banking and cash flow, pay their suppliers, collect their receivables, and monitor their business performance.
First Class Accounts is Australia’s largest bookkeeping franchise currently with over 160 bookkeepers – and growing.
Our competitors are the few other smaller franchise or pooled bookkeeping service providers and freelance bookkeepers. Many may not have the benefit of the ongoing training and support structure, and national marketing program that our system provides.
As a member of the First Class Accounts network, you have considerable competitive advantage.
Our training methods and systems equip you to provide your clients with a unique service and outstanding value from their business relationship with you.
- A leading national bookkeeping franchise.
- The best support. This includes national and local area marketing support, with a variety of templates for marketing collateral available to you.
- Australia’s best accounting tools. You have access to proven business system and the latest tools, including professional partner status with MYOB, Xero, Reckon and Intuit software programs.
- The right team. You will belong to a group of like-minded, mutually supportive colleagues, who foster a strong spirit of camaraderie and support.
- The latest on industry best practice. You will have the resources of our help line, forum, portal and website at your disposal. Our portal is a resource centre for franchisees to draw upon technical information, manuals, business process checklists, templates and any other important content.
You will help your clients to spend less time on their books and more time on their business!
Your services assist business owners with record keeping, BAS returns and filings, plus informative, timely reporting. Some of these products and services include:
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Payroll services**
- Preparation of BAS**
- Cash flow reporting and analysis
- Receivables management
- Bank reconciliations
- Year-end processes
- General accounting, bookkeeping compliance work and office management systems
- Training and support in MYOB, Reckon and Xero software
** Some services may include a BAS Service. If the franchisee is not a BAS Agent then all work will be supervised and under the control of a Registered BAS Agent. First Class Financial Group PTY LTD Tax Agent Number 20874002
Yes, the quality of service we provide to clients is of utmost importance to protect and develop the brand.
Our extensive training and ongoing support makes sure franchisees develop the skills and knowledge needed to confidently service their clients. Periodic Quality Control Reviews help ensure compliance and that skills are updated.
As a First Class Accounts franchisee, you’ll be supported every step of the way to build your business and obtain a competitive advantage.
You’ll benefit from:
- Intensive startup course. Our initial nine-week intensive training course.
- Franchisee mentor. Our system where we buddy you with an established and successful First Class Accounts franchisee to guide you in the early stages of your business.
- Marketing and business kickstart. A comprehensive 13-week ‘Kick Start’ business launch programme. You will learn how to source, capture and develop your own client base. We will also send you any bookkeeping leads we receive that are within your territory.
- National Office is always there. Unlimited access to our National Office support team who are trained to assist you with every aspect of your business.
- Ongoing training. Attendance at regular state-based Regional Training Sessions and annual National Conference.
- Forums and discussion. Access our to franchisee advisory forums and members’ website, training webinars, and one-on-one business development meetings.
- Access to the best brands. The First Class Accounts strategic alliance partnership programmes give franchisees training and sales opportunities with some of Australia’s best.
Due to current travel restrictions all training will be held online.
- The latest in legislation and software. Yes there is ongoing training to keep you current with software upgrades, changes in legislation and tax office and other compliance requirements.
- Regional Training Days. We also hold more formal training via four Regional Training days a year, held in most capital cities.
- Help desk. Phone our technical support hotline with your urgent needs or refer to the online member’s forum and knowledge base.
- Annual conferences. We also hold an annual conference where our franchisees hear from great speakers, shown innovative products and able to network with fellow franchisees.
- Courses and webinars. We also conduct regular webinars on marketing, business and accounting which are easy to do from home.
- A dedicated Franchise Support Manager. You will get individual attention and assistance to develop your annual business and training plans so you can attain your personal goals.
An important aspect of your training is on marketing procedures required to run your own business.
Each franchisee is responsible for their local marketing activities. Our dedicated marketing team is also available to provide our franchisees with any assistance or ongoing local marketing support they may require.
We encourage all franchisees to screen their ideas through the marketing department. In addition, our Franchise Agreement includes a comprehensive 13 week ‘Kick Start’ business launch program to assist in local marketing activities.
All local level promotion activity must be organised and approved through National Office. A catalogue of available artwork is made available to all franchisees. National Office is responsible for brand recognition and lead generation at a national level.
Join us at a Franchisee Info night
Interested in joining our network
and running your own bookkeeping business?
Come to one of our information evenings or
call us on 1800 118 611
What people are saying
First Class Accounts has turned my working life around, I enjoy working and have great clients, great support and use technology that makes my business efficient.
DARREN BUTTERNICKFranchisee, Glenelg, SA
There were lots of reasons that led me to purchasing a First Class Accounts Franchise. Namely the systems, processes, training, professionalism, and compliance.